I just wanted to give you a quick update on my trip! And well, we made it!
The flight was really, really long... We made friends with a Japanese girl from California going to Tokyo to visit family. She gave us some good information about things to do in the city. I watched a lot of movies, but then not really because I would come in on a movie half way through and then get bored with it and switch it off. The food on the airplane was really good! i had eel for one meal
I used my first Japanese bathroom! here is a picture
Some other things were STARBUCKS! I loved this menu
The train is great, so far I like being on it a lot. Trying to figure out how to understand the map and the routes, well... that is another story. We were on the train for a good hour or so in the end. When we got on the train the first time, there was maybe5 people or so in our car, but after each stop the train became fuller and fuller. I did a lot of people watching, almost everyone has the same kind of phone. it's a flip phone that is rather long, with some dangle piece of decoration hanging off of it.
I saw a lot of people sleeping on the plane, it was funny to watch this happen... some heads with nod down... down... down.. others head back with mouth open. :D
We had a little hic-up when we changed trains, i was writing in my journal and look up to see Chris motioning for everyone to get up and get off the train. I threw everything in my back pack and we all got out. Spencer was sleeping on the train and in the midst of the sudden move out of the train he forgot his backpack. So Chris and him stayed behind to try and track it down. His friend Daniel took us on.
Its rather relaxing siting in the train, I really don't think I'm going to mind using the trains at all. It was startling at first after we took off and as the train going the opposite direction went by us because it made a THUD-WHOOSH sound.. it startled me a few times here and there.
We finally made it to Tama train station, where Mark picked us up and took us to a convenience store. He got us some breakfast food before we went to the girls apartment.
I got some peach fruit mix juice and a jelly pastry. It was delish! The apartment is really cute. I slept very well, for the 5 hours that I got. I'm enjoying hearing the different noises that go on at the apartment. The sounds that I went to sleep to where the sounds of the mopeds zooming by, the rain... and now the laughing of Monique and Kylie as they are making fun of me for uploading pictures on facebook :)
We are going to be meeting with the students today
Some Prayer requests:
- That our first meeting with the students will go smoothly. We will be going up to the college to have lunch with all of them.
- That we will grow in unity with my team members.
- That I will have the opportunity to make some good friends here and grow my relationships with them.
- That God will continue to prepare the hearts of the students that He wants us to reach
- That we will have lots fun and deal with any problems that come up.
Here is a link to the pictures that I have posted so far... Blogger is being dumb right now and not letting me upload anymore pictures
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=13503&id=329600202&l=7abc2f65df
You are the fastest person to upload pictures and write a blog from Japan ever! haha It makes me happy! I'm excited to hear more about your trip! :)
ReplyDelete