Thursday, June 17, 2010

If you love us turn left!!!

Today was a busy busy day...So to start out this day I was attacked by mosquitoes they finally found me. There is a park right next to our apartment where I have been wanting to explore for a while now and Monique Kylie and I went! as soon as we started climbing the stairs that jumped on me. The park was fun we walked around and took silly pictures ^^ Here are some of the pictures from the park!






























After the park we went back to the apartment and relaxed a little before we went to the lunch table.

The lunch table got really fun! After we ate lunch and then started the game called slide, it was my first time playing! Ken taught me and then it started a tournament










I got my first Japanese Ice cream!



We walked out to the metro station in the rain to get to Mark's house for the meal.








When we got there there was already a lot of people, there was 2 rice cookers going and a pot of hamburger meat with taco seasoning. The students helped make the dinner and I cut up lettuce while talking with some students until it was time to eat. I helped prepare the plates of food for everyone. Rice, meat, lettuce cheese and salsa!







After dinner we played a game where the "setters" (my team) had to write our hometown, hobby and most embarrassing moment when we were little and the students had to guess. It was pretty fun :) Afterwords we broke off into groups and had English discussion time. We read John 3:1-7 and talked about who Nicodemus was and why he came to Jesus in the night and what being "born again" meant. Then they spent some time talking to me in english about whatever they wanted which turned into them asking me about Mario and my family and work. I brought out pictures and showed them :)

Now there was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews; this man came to Jesus by night and said to Him, "Rabbi, we know that You have come from God as a teacher; for no one can do these signs that You do unless God is with him."Jesus answered and said to him, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God."Nicodemus said to Him, "How can a man be born when he is old? He cannot enter a second time into his mother's womb and be born, can he?"Jesus answered, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. "Do not be amazed that I said to you, 'You must be born again.' John 3:1-7




And lastly... the title of this post is from a quote of a student in the car that one night. Spencer was driving the car that we rented for our trip to Nikko and it was late at night that we left the Rood's house. He forgot for a moment that you have to make a left hand turn, and a brief "oh no no no, go back go back!" he backed up and turned around and went the right direction. ^^ That is when I head the phrase that still sticks with me, "if you love us, turn left!"

No comments:

Post a Comment