Monday night after getting Frappachino's with Nanako I got home to find everyone ready to go out on the town and find some Japanese style crepes it was delish! I had a azuki bean, Mellon crepe :D the store was nestled in between a restaurant and a store called Don Quixote. Don Quixote is a store that sells cheep things everything from food alcohol ipods and rice cookers.
Here is video I found online that shows how to make a Japanese crepe, the angle she made mine at wasn't clear enough to get a good video.
Tuesday was a great day full of SUSHI!! it was the first time since I've been here that I have had sushi.... oh my goodness.... it was amazing. We went as a team to a Sushi restaurant that had a conveyor belt with sushi running though it was booths on either side. Each plate was 110 yen! We ran into Nino on our way there and he joined us for Sushi. Our team leader Mikey challenged Nino to a eating contest... the looser pays for the sushi.... a pile of plates later Nino came out the winner! I ate about 7 plates around 14 pieces of sushi i think. I tried octopus for the first time, which was an experience, the texture is what tripped me up the most. But it was a good experience.
Later the night we went to Mark's house to play Nav attack, if your not familiar with the game I'll explain: Basically, you get into teams of two, swing a sock full of flower and try to hit the opposing team to get the out so you can find the red or pink ball and carry it to your home base. If you get hit, you spend 30 seconds in jail before you join the game again. It was fun, I hadn't played in a few years but it was good to get back into the game.
Though, one thing did happen that wasn't fun. While trying to hit a team mate, Kylie's arm popped out of her socket and we had to call an ambulance. While we were waiting for it, Mark tried to pop it back in but it wouldn't go in. We drove to the first hospital, yes that is right i said it, the FIRST hospital and was there a good 2+ hours while they took X-Rays and tried to put it in... after a while they sent us to another hospital which from the outside looked a bit sketchy, it was most likely because it looked like a apartment building. But once we got inside it was nice clean, with happy neon green and bright orange colors. After checking her in we sat down and tried to get the TV working. Japan was about to play, a Dr. came out and started helping us. It turns out that this Doctor was actually Kylie's Doctor haha. He was just chilling, wearing flip flops and seemed more concerned about the game then anything. He took Kylie back and in about 20 mins came out all smiles and did a soccer kick in the air as he skipped past us :D it made our night. He got Kylie's shoulder back into place and wheeled her out to us.
Kylie being the extrovert wanted to go watch the soccer game with everyone so Mark drove Monique Kylie and I to Nino's apartment where we all gathered and watched the game. It was too bad Japan lost but, a good memory non the less.
Wednesday was the first time in three weeks that I saw blue sky, it was refreshing... I walked home early from lunch table to rest up for Bible study that night. I took these pictures...
Yay!! Coffee jelly frappucino!! And you updated your blog! :) Yay!!!
ReplyDeleteKeep having fun!
You can see the eyeball if you come here to visit me... :D
ReplyDelete