Monday, June 28, 2010

More of life here in Japan

Lets see, over view of the week after Nikko... Its been a full week.

I started training for climbing Mt. Fuji, we went to the university next to Chuo and climbed about 500 stairs for a work out. I'm going to try and go one more time at least.









It was exhausting right after that we had our first sports night. Everyone played some volley ball and I went outside with Spencer and Nino and played some baseball. It was really fun! I've never played baseball or Volley ball before. I like baseball better, I'm not really good at all with Volley ball, but base ball.... i think i may have missed my calling haha. oh well... After wards we went to saizeriya







Tuesday night we walked over to Nino's apartment to watch the World Cup we got there at about 11:30 where we caught the game before Japan played so after a while we went back to our apartment to take a shower before heading back over to Nino's place for the 1:30am game. We packed 13 people in this little room where we cheered along for Japan, it was quite a game.I enjoyed going to bond with the students. We left at 4am, the sun was raising, it was the first time in a good month that I had been up at that hour. I took a picture of the view from the apartment at 11:30pm and then after at 3:30am. It was surreal walking down the street at 4am, there were only a few cars that I saw on our 10 min walk to our place. I think walking around town late at night is one of my favorite feelings of being here. The area here is really safe and I'm not worried at all walking around even without anyone with me.





A other place where my team and I went was out for Ramen, we tried out a new place in between the boys and our apartment. It was the best Ramen that I've had on my trip so far.








Wednesday was English Lunch table which I always enjoy going to. We took fun pictures and talked. Spencer even got his hair braided :D











After Lunch Table we decided to do some exploring at Tama center. We went to Mister Doughnuts and ate some amazing doughnuts, I had a macha green tea doughnut. The color of the filling inside reminded me of shrek for some reason ;)










After eating our fill, we went to my most favorite store ever! it's called Daiso store. It's the 100 Yen store, just like the dolor stores back in America only 100 times better! They have everything from dishes, to stationary to garden supplies. It's crazy, we spent a good hour looking through everything I bought a cute cutting bored that looks like a orange bear, too cute :D after that we headed to another store Uniqlo (like an Old Navy) they have some nice cheep clothes that are made for Japan weather.







We headed back after that store because I had Bible study at my apartment that evening. Got there just in time, 30 mins early to meet the first student at the door. During Bible study we talked about the story of Jesus sleeping on the boat during a furious store before calming the sea. I was paired up with TH and we went though the questions together and shared what we got with the rest of the group afterward.

Friday was another full day, it seems as though Wednesdays and Fridays are the busiest days during the week. We met early at 9:45 and had our weekly staff meeting before the students came at 11:30am. Mai taught me origami! she brought paper and a book for beginners, it was a lot of fun, I made fish, butterfly, and bugs :D







Later that night we went to Mark's house and had a Korean dinner and had discussion and time to talk with the students





The boys got a hold of my camera :D





Intensive english class group



The Dancing game:



Saturday was a day of miss communication, Ross Kylie and I were suppose to meet some students at MC Donald's at 11:45 to go to Karaoke... well.... we went to a MC Donalds... but it wasn't the right on lol we sat there and ate lunch ( I ate a MC Pork) while trying to figure out what to do next. We eventually decided to go walk to our leaders house which was a good 20 min walk to use his phone to call them... I got a nice extra tour of Tama center and the park which was nice. We finally met up with them and I had my first Karaoke experience!






I call this pidgin the Mc Flurry pidgen










Karaoke videos






That evening we had dinner at our apartment and had about 3 students over to help us make a yummy meal, beef bowl, miso soup and salad! we squished into our living room on the ground. After dinner we had another wave of students come over and play Wii and hang out.

Video of cooking










No comments:

Post a Comment