Once we were standing inside the wonderful AC we walked up to a vending machine where you pushed a botton of the picture of the Ramen lunch you wanted and then it spit out a little ticket. After that you then proceeded to write down on a piece of paper how exactly you want your ramen to be made. Firm, normal or soft, the sauce, normal spicy or not so much... how much onions... ect... You enter the narrow room where you see a narrow bar with small dividers like a cubby where you sat on a bar stool facing a slat in the wall you were facing where I watching servers running back and forth.
A few minutes later they arrived with a big bowl of ramen where they bowed and flipped down a bamboo screen where you sit alone with your food and enjoy. This is a video that I snuck when the lady who seated us wasn't looking. The ramen was amazing... spicy and good.
After our yummy lunch we split up and walked around Shibuya where Kylie and I shopped around for a couple of hours. I bought two journals at a place called LOFT. After shopping we explored the surrounding area and walked up and down the main streets and side streets where I took a bunch of pictures of the buildings and people.I had fun exploring! Here are some pictures of our adventures!
One of the things I wanted to do was go to the Starbucks in the middle of the scramble and drink it while watch the crazy madness that happens when everyone crosses the street. Kylie got a tea ice smoothy thing, and I got a green tea jelly frap.
While we were waiting for the guys to meet us at the Starbucks to head back home, I people watched :) I took some pictures of people walking
I also did a little walk through the scramble while waiting for the boys and get a video of what it looks like from up in the Star Bucks loby.
Here is a video of me walking though the scramble intersection
And this is up inside starbucks looking down
After we met up with Ross and Spencer we decided to walk to Harajuku. Harajuku is a fashion capital of the world, renowned for its unique street fashion. Harajuku is also a large shopping district that includes international brands along with its own brands. We unintentionally went on the busiest shopping day of the summer, they had this one building where the hordes of people were so dense we shuffled through and realized it was the last day of a sale.
No comments:
Post a Comment