Sunday, July 11, 2010

Making Sushi

What do you get when you mix these ingredients together...

Rice + sea life + avocado + chopsticks + good friends..... oh yes... you guessed it, Sushi Party!

Before the Sushi party I had Mai over to have coffee and hang out, I hadn't gotten much time with her since our trip so I thought it would be nice to hang out some more. We walked to the convine ( convenience store ) and bought some canned milk coffee.. I tried a new one the brand name is Blendy, we also got some fun snacks.




Mai also brought over Tokoroten which she had made for me. Tokoroten is a seaweed gelatin noodle that you eat with a special sauce and chopped green onions. Apparently it's really difficult to make from scratch so it was a special treat.



the gelatin before cut



Putting it into the noodle mold



Adding the green onions and enjoying!




So before Bible study on Wednesday we decided to have a Sushi party! We got two rice cookers a bunch of sea animals and went to town! The Bible study that I am in consists of Nino, Hiro, Tomo, TH, Miki, Natsuki and myself. Kylie and Spencer hung out and go in on the Sushiness (yes, I just made up that word)

Everyone pitched in, including me in the sushi madness... I asked Nino if I could help cut up some things so he put me to work!



Octopus!





Natsuki and I



Everyone gathered around the rice cooker to make the rice



Making the sushi



Miki!



Sushi!!







mmmm So so good :)



Joanna and Mikey



Since, pictures can't do it justice I'm going to post these three video's. Spencer, Nino and Hiro decided to have a wasabi eating contest.... they are crazy....

Spencer



Nino



Hiro

No comments:

Post a Comment